Meadows Publishing Solutions has announced their partnership with Enfocus as a Certified Solution Partner. Switch is Enfocus’ industry-renowned solution designed to automate repetitive tasks and reduce the number of touch points associated with receiving, sorting and processing files. Meadows and Enfocus will be demonstrating their products in booth #254 and #255, respectively, at the PRINT 17 show, September 10-14, 2017 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
* DesignMerge Pro is an award-winning suite of plug-in modules that allow users to quickly and easily create variable data output from any Adobe InDesign document
* Meadows is now a Certified Solution Partner for Enfocus Switch.
* Switch is Enfocus’ industry-renowned solution designed to automate repetitive tasks and reduce the number of touch points associated with receiving, sorting and processing files. Errors are eliminated and throughput increased thanks to the seamless integration with DesignMerge Pro.
* The DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch adds automated variable data processing to Switch workflows.
* Meadows and Enfocus will be demonstrating their products in booth #254 and #255, respectively, at the PRINT 17 show, September 10-14, 2017 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, so please stop by for a demonstration!
Schaumburg, Illinois, September 9, 2017 – Meadows Publishing Solutions, the developers of the popular DesignMerge variable data software package, today announced their partnership with Enfocus as a Certified Solution Partner. The first offering from Meadows under the partnership is the newly- released DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch. The configurator enables DesignMerge Pro to integrate with Enfocus Switch, providing users the ability to design and implement fully automated variable data workflows capable of processing thousands of data records in an automated fashion.
Enfocus Switch is a workflow design and automation solution that enables the creation of custom workflows. A workflow is created by adding and connecting a series of unique “Flow Elements”, each designed to provide a specific service. As a simple example, a basic Flow Element might provide a service to accept input from a watched folder, or from an FTP site, and route that input automatically to different parts of the flow. Output from a Flow Element can then be routed for further processing or printing.
The DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch is a custom Flow Element that can be used to add variable data processing services to any Switch flow. There are a number of services available with the DesignMerge Pro configurator that can be specified by the user when designing a workflow.
* VDP Preflight Service: Checks for common VDP errors, such as missing fixed or variable graphics, missing fonts and invalid data layouts.
* Multi-up Imposition Service: Automatically builds a multi-up version of the one-up VDP document being processed using a set of user- defined templates.
* VDP Print Service: Merges and prints the document in PDF, PDF/VT, or PPML output formats, and routes the output files to a printer hot folder, or directly to a digital press.
“We developed the DesignMerge Pro configurator to address the needs of our variable data clients that are already processing large amounts of VDP, and are looking for more automated and customizable solutions,” said John Kriho, president of Meadows Publishing Solutions. “After reviewing a number of workflow products, we decided that the flexibility and customization features offered by Enfocus Switch, along with their robust third- party integration support, made it the perfect fit for integration with our DesignMerge suite of software.”
“Customers are increasingly looking to streamline and automate their production workflows by eliminating any unnecessary human intervention,” says Angelo Manno, Global OEM & Strategic Accounts Manager at Enfocus. “It’s impressive to see what the Meadows team has done to help customers achieve this goal. The DesignMerge Pro configurator not only establishes an effortless integration, it also enables Switch to automatically and dynamically configure DesignMerge to check for errors, and process the VDP jobs to the wanted specification. The automated setup, control and processing of VDP jobs completely removes the manual user interaction, eliminating errors, and providing time and cost savings.”
Enfocus is a leading software company specializing in the development of tools to control the quality of PDF files for print and to automate workflow processes in the graphic arts industry. The company’s innovative solutions streamline the workflow throughout the complete production chain – from design to final print – thereby connecting printers, publishers and designers. Enfocus was founded in 1993, is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. Brands include PitStop, Switch and Connect.
Founded in 1991, Meadows Publishing Solutions provides commercial and custom software development, integration, and consulting services for the print and electronic publishing markets. Our current areas of focus include Variable Data Printing, Database Publishing Automation, and Digital Catalog Production. Anything that connects databases to documents is our specialty. Meadows offers software to support a full range of solutions, from desktop VDP applications, to complete web-based variable composition systems, with the integration and industry knowledge that will allow us to craft a reliable solution for any publishing challenge. The Meadows team has developed a number of commercial software products for Adobe InDesign that are offered under our own DesignMerge brand, including DesignMerge Pro, and DesignMerge Catalog. All Meadows software is developed in the U.S.A., with sales and support provided from our home office just outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois.
John Kriho, President
Meadows Publishing Solutions